William Hansan Group
Cross Border M&A Deal Sourcing and Execution Specialist
William (Wonku) Lee
Chartered Financial Analyst
Certified Public Accountant (US)
Chartered Professional Accountant (CA)
Chartered Business Valuator
Accredited in Business Valuation
William Hansan Group, a boutique M&A advisory firm based in Seoul, was founded in June 2017 and ceased its operation in July 2019, due to William joining as a director at KPMG Korea's M&A practice effective July 29, 2019.
As a director at KPMG Korea, William welcomes opportunities to network and collaborate with boutique M&A firms around the world. William can help you close your deals by identifying strategic and financial investors in Korea.
To discuss how William can help you, please feel free to reach out:
Phone: +82 (10) 7767 2190
William is a director at KPMG Korea's Deal Advisory practice and is a cross border M&A, financial due diligence and valuation expert with experience in various professional firms in both Korea and North America.
William has a significant amount of experiencing in M&A and valuation, having advised more than 100 cross border M&A transactions throughout his career. He is also experienced in audit, IFRS & US GAAP and internal control advisory engagements and has technical knowledge and experience in Korea, US and Canada tax matters.
William holds Chartered Professional Accountant (Canada), Certified Public Accountant (US), Chartered Financial Analyst, Chartered Business Valuator, and Accredited in Business Valuation (US) designations. He is a graduate of Mathematics/Chartered Accountancy and Master of Accountancy programs from the University of Waterloo and the Master of Science in Taxation program from the University of Seoul specializing in international taxation.
• Certified Public Accountant (U.S. Illinois)
• Chartered Professional Accountant, Chartered Accountant (Canada)
• Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA Institute)
• Accredited in Business Valuation (AICPA)
• Chartered Business Valuator (CBV Institute)
• Master of Science in Taxation (International Tax), University of Seoul
• Master of Accounting (MAcc), University of Waterloo
• Honours Bachelor of Mathematics / Chartered Accountancy Studies Co-op (BMath), University of Waterloo
• Director, Deal Advisory, KPMG Korea
• CEO, William Hansan Group
• Manager, Corporate Development at SK Holdings
• Senior Manager, M&A Transaction Services at Deloitte Korea
• Senior Accountant, Assurance at KPMG Canada
Selected M&A advisory engagements
• Samsung Electronics' acquisitions of Yesco Electronics (US), Quietside (US), PrinterOn (Canada) (Financial DD, valuation, structuring, SPA & negotiation support)
• National Pension Service's investment in the 7th largest cable operator based in the United States, an industrial product distributor in France, and a French distributor specialized in industrial products (Transaction Advisory)
• Blackstone's investment in Simone, a handbag OEM company based in Korea (Financial DD)
• Temasek's investment in Celltrion Healthcare, a biosimilar company based in Korea (Financial DD)
• Disney’s acquisition of an online game development company (Financial DD)
• Doosan's proposed acquisition of Ansaldo Energia S.p.A based on Italy (Financial DD) and acquisition of a water/wastewater treatment engineering company based in U.K. (Financial DD & valuation)
• Kolmar's acquisition of CSR Cosmetics Solution, a Canadian cosmetics OEM company (SPA & negotiation support)
• POSCO’s proposed investment in a lithium battery company (Valuation)
• Korea Electric Power Corp's acquisition of 4th largest coal producer in Indonesia (Financial DD)
• Divestiture of Vaunce Co., Ltd., an indoor trampoline park company based in Korea (Sell side advisory)